Help Centre what do you need help with?

Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment to apply under Express Entry?

Not necessarily. But, to get points for your education under the Comprehensive Ranking System, you must either:

You may also need an ECA to meet the requirements of one of the programs included in Express Entry. For example, the Federal Skilled Worker Program requires you to have an ECA.

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date Modified: