Hiring a foreign worker
General questions about hiring a temporary worker
- How do I hire a temporary foreign worker?
- As an employer, what are my obligations to temporary foreign workers?
- Can I fire an incompetent foreign worker?
- What if a foreign worker becomes sick, has an accident, is hospitalized or needs home recovery?
- How do I find out if I need a Labour Market Impact Assessment to hire a temporary worker?
Employer compliance fee
Submitting an offer of employment
- I want to submit an offer of employment. Where can I find the IMM 5802 form?
- After I submit an offer of employment, do I have to wait for it to be approved before the temporary worker can apply for a work permit?
- Can an authorized representative submit an offer of employment on behalf of an employer?
- I don’t have a Canada Revenue Agency number. How do I submit an offer of employment?
- How do I change or fix a mistake I made in an offer of employment?
- Do I submit an offer of employment even if a foreign company will pay my company’s temporary worker?
- Who submits the offer of employment if a temporary worker will work for two or more Canadian companies?
Using the Employer Portal
- Will I get a receipt for an offer of employment I submit through the Employer Portal?
- I made a mistake in my business name or number information in the Employer Portal. Can I fix it?
- What is my Personal Identification Number (PIN) for the Employer Portal and where do I find it?
- I can't create an account in the Employer Portal because the information I entered already exists. What do I do?
- I can log into my account in the Employer Portal, but I can't submit an offer of employment. What is the problem?
- I've completed all the offer of employment forms in the Employer Portal, but I still can’t submit it. What should I do?
- Date Modified: