Live-in Caregiver Program
Recruiters and representatives
- What is a recruiter under the Live-in Caregiver Program?
- What is a recruitment fee under the Live-in Caregiver Program?
- Who pays the live-in caregiver recruitment fees?
- Can the live-in caregiver recruiter charge for other services?
- Who pays the fees for other services that live-in caregiver recruiters provide?
Employment contracts and benefits
- What is an employment contract for a live-in caregiver?
- How are live-in caregiver employment contracts enforced?
- What rights do I have as a live-in caregiver under labour or employment laws?
- As a live-in caregiver, can I get hospital and medical insurance?
- I am a live-in caregiver. What happens if I lose my job?
Job changes and your work permit
- My employer is moving within the province. Do I need a new work permit or Labour Market Opinion?
- My employer is moving to another province or territory. Do I need a new work permit or Labour Market Opinion?
- Can I keep working as a live-in caregiver if my work permit has expired?
- Can I work for more than one employer at a time under the Live-in Caregiver Program?
- Can I change employers under the Live-in Caregiver Program?
- How can I find a new live in caregiver position?
- Can I leave the Live-in Caregiver Program and get another type of job?
- As a temporary worker, what can I do if my employer is treating me unfairly?
- How much should I be paid if I work extra hours or during a day off as a live-in caregiver?
- As a live-in caregiver, can I refuse to work for personal or religious reasons?
- Can my family come to Canada with me if I am a live-in caregiver?
- What is abuse?
- As an immigrant or temporary resident, what can I do if I’m victim of abuse?
- Can my employer deport me?
Studying in Canada
Visiting home or working outside Canada
Extending your stay
Open Work Permit
- I am ready to apply for permanent residence. Can I apply for an open work permit?
- Does Canada give open work permits to live-in caregivers as soon as they enter Canada?
- I am a live-in caregiver. How and when should I apply for an open work permit?
- May I send my open work permit application and permanent residence applications separately?
- Do I need to extend my work permit while my permanent residence application is being processed?
- I have applied for an open work permit and permanent residence. What if my current work permit expires?
- Will the time I worked under any work permit help me get permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program?
- Who should I include on my permanent residence application?
- How long will it take for me to get my permanent resident status?
- How many hours of work experience do I need as a Live-in Caregiver to apply for permanent residence?
- Date Modified: