Terminated programs - Federal Immigrant Investor and Entrepreneurs

If your application has been terminated and you have not been contacted by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or by your representative to get your fees returned, please follow the instructions below “How to get your fees returned”, or e-mail IIPENFeeReturn.

On June 19 2014, Bill C-31 became law, and applications still in the backlog of the federal Immigrant Investor Program and Entrepreneur Program were terminated.

If a selection decision was made on your application before February 11, 2014

Your application is not affected and will continue to be processed.

Even if you have not yet completed the required investment or submitted the results of your immigration medical exam, your application is not affected by this legislation.

See What is a selection decision?

If a selection decision was not made on your application before February 11, 2014

Your application has been terminated. IRCC will contact you, directly or through your immigration representative, to provide information on how your fees will be returned.

All fees you paid to IRCC will be returned without interest.

If you applied under the federal Immigrant Investor Program and already made your investment, you will get your investment back, without interest.

We will not reimburse other application costs such as language tests, financial audits, bank charges or representative fees.

Note: There are a small number of cases where a selection decision was made on or after February 11, 2014, and the application was processed to completion, and a final decision was made before Bill C-31 became law. Those applications are not affected by the legislation.

How to get your fees returned

Complete the Return of Application Fees for the Federal Immigrant Investor Program IMM 5778E form and email it to IRCC.

Note: Banking information may be different depending on your country or territory. To avoid delays, contact your local bank to get help with completing your bank account information.

Important notice for applicants currently living in Iran, Libya, Syria, Sudan, Myanmar (Burma) or Cuba. The form online cannot be used to process your refund. Please contact us at IIPENFeeReturn with your current country of residence, your name and your file number so we can send you the correct form.


Date Modified: