Canada's Start-up Visa Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build innovative businesses in Canada that can create jobs for Canadians and compete on a global scale.
Do you have an innovative business idea? If you can get support for your idea from one of the designated organizations, you may be able to immigrate to Canada.
There are many reasons why Canada is the best place to build your business. Canada's advantages include:
- a strong economy
- low taxes and low business costs
- excellence in research and innovation
- a high quality of life
Determine your eligibility
Find out if you are eligible to get a Start-up Visa and immigrate permanently to Canada.
Follow the steps to apply for a Start-up Visa.
Check processing times
Find out how long it will take CIC to process your application.
After you apply: next steps
Learn what you should do after you apply to come to Canada as an immigrant entrepreneur.
Prepare for arrival
Be prepared and know what to expect when you arrive in Canada.
Want to live in Quebec?
The Province of Quebec is in charge of its own business immigration program. If you plan to live in Quebec, visit the Quebec immigration department.
Top questions about Start-up Visa
- How can I qualify to get a start up business visa?
- How do I show that I have the support of Canadian investors?
- What is the minimum investment that I would need to apply for a start-up visa?
- Will I have to invest my own money if I want to apply for a start-up visa?
- What happens if my business fails?
- See all questions about this topic
Find out if you are eligibleCome to Canada
- Date Modified: