Get your business idea funded and immigrate to Canada permanently. Canada’s new Start-up Visa Program is the first of its kind in the world. It links immigrant entrepreneurs with experienced private sector organizations who are experts in working with start-ups.
There are many reasons why Canada is the best place to build your business. Canada’s advantages include:
- a strong economy
- low taxes and low business costs
- excellence in research and innovation
- top quality of life
Determine your eligibility
Find out if you are eligible to get a start-up visa and immigrate permanently to Canada.
Follow the steps to apply for a start-up visa.
Check processing times
Find out how long it will take CIC to process your application.
After you apply: get next steps
Learn what you should do after you apply to come to Canada as an immigrant entrepreneur.
Prepare for arrival
Be prepared and know what to expect when you arrive in Canada.
Want to live in Quebec?
The Province of Quebec chooses its own immigrants. If you plan to live in Quebec, you must first apply to the Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities (MICC) for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ).
- How can I qualify to get a start up business visa?
- How do I show that I have the support of Canadian investors?
- What is the minimum investment that I would need to apply for a start-up visa?
- Will I have to invest my own money if I want to apply for a start-up visa?
- What happens if my business fails?