Canada's Start-up Visa Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that:
- are innovative
- can create jobs for Canadians
- can compete on a global scale
Do you have an innovative business idea? If you can get support for your idea from one of the designated organizations, you may be able to immigrate to Canada.
There are many reasons why Canada is the best place to build your business. Canada's advantages include:
- a strong economy
- low taxes
- low business costs
- excellence in research and innovation
- a high quality of life
1. Find out if you’re eligible
Find out if you are eligible for the Start-up Visa Program and immigrate permanently to Canada.
Follow the steps to apply for the Start-up Visa Program.
3. Check processing times
Find out how long it will take us to process your application.
4. Find out what to do after you apply
Learn what you should do after you apply to come to Canada as an immigrant entrepreneur.
5. Prepare to arrive
Be prepared and know what to expect when you arrive in Canada.
Want to live in Quebec?
The Province of Quebec is in charge of its own business immigration program. If you plan to live in Quebec, visit Quebec’s immigration website.
Top questions about Start-up Visa
- How can I qualify to get a start up business visa?
- How do I show that I have the support of Canadian investors?
- What is the minimum investment that I would need to apply for a start-up visa?
- Will I have to invest my own money if I want to apply for a start-up visa?
- What happens if my business fails?
- See all questions about this topic
- Date Modified: