Canadian Experience Class

After you have lived in Canada for some time, you may have good English or French skills, the right kind of skilled work experience, and be used to Canadian society. The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) was created to help people like this take part in the Canadian economy.

If you are a foreign worker or a foreign student, and have skilled work experience in Canada, you may be in a good position to move from temporary to permanent residence under the (CEC).

Determine your eligibility

Find out if you are eligible to apply for permanent residence under the CEC.


Follow the steps required to apply under the CEC.

Check processing times

Find out how long it will take CIC to process your application under the CEC.

After you apply: get next steps

Find out what happens after you apply under the CEC.

Find out if you are eligible

Come to Canada

How-to video

Becoming Canadian
Date Modified: