Steps to apply.
1. Get a Quebec certificate of selection
Visit the Quebec immigration website for more information on how to get a certificate of selection. You will have to send us a copy of your certificate with your permanent residence application.
2. Get the application package
After Quebec has selected you:
- get the application package, which includes:
- a guide to help you fill out the forms correctly
- the forms you need to fill out
- fill out, print and sign the forms
Answer all of your questions carefully, completely and truthfully. There are serious consequences if you misrepresent yourself or hold back information on your application.
3. Pay your application fees
You will have to pay:
a) The processing fee for you and your family members who will come to Canada
You must pay a separate fee for each family member who is included on your application and will be joining you in Canada. Check the fee list for more information.
If you’re application is complete, we’ll let you know and we’ll send your application to one of our offices for processing. Once we start processing your application, we cannot refund your processing fee. Make sure you’re eligible before you apply.
b) The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
If we approve your application, you must pay this fee before you can become a permanent resident.
If your spouse or common law partner will be joining you in Canada they’ll need to pay a separate RPRF before coming to Canada.
We will refund this fee if:
- you cancel your application,
- your application is not approved, or
- you decide not to come to Canada.
You must include the processing fee with your application.
Find out how to pay your fees.
You may have to pay fees to third parties for:
The instruction guide has more detailed information on fees.
4. Submit your application
Before you send us your application, make sure you:
- answer all questions
- validate the Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]:
- click the “validate” button on the form
- check for any fields marked in red that you still need to fill out
- print the:
- validated application form
- barcode page(s) that show(s) up after you validate the form
- other forms
- sign your application and all forms
- your validated application
- the barcode page(s)
- your processing fee or receipt
- all supporting documents
- a copy of the Quebec certificate of selection
Use the Document Checklist to make sure that you don’t forget anything. If anything is missing:
- your application won’t be complete
- we’ll send it back to you without processing it
- you will have to fix any errors and resubmit it
Mail your package to:
Centralized Intake Office: Quebec Skilled Workers
P.O. Box 8888
Sydney, NS B1P 0C9
Don’t send your application to any other processing centre or visa office.
- Date Modified: