Follow these steps to apply.
1. Get a Quebec certificate of selection
Visit the Quebec immigration website for more information on how to get a certificate of selection. You will have to submit a copy of the certificate with your permanent residence application to CIC.
2. Get the application package
The application package includes a guide and all the forms you need to fill out to apply to the program after Quebec has selected you. Use the guide to help you fill out the forms correctly.
- Fill out the forms on your computer. When you are done:
- Validate the Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] online. Click the “Validate” button on the form. If there are any fields you still need to fill out, they will be outlined in red.
- Print the validated application form, including the barcode page(s). (This page will come up after you validate the form).
- Sign and date the form where asked.
- Include all pages of the application form, including the barcode page(s), with your application.
- Print the other forms, and sign and date where indicated.
- Each of your answers must be complete and true.
- You must fill out all the forms listed in the application package. Use the Document Checklist to make sure you do not miss anything.
Answer all of the questions carefully, completely and truthfully. There are serious consequences for applicants who misrepresent themselves or withhold relevant information on their application.
You must include all forms, information, documents, signatures and fees that are required. If any are missing, your application will not be complete. We will send it back to you without processing it.
3. Pay your application fees
You will have to pay:
a) The processing fee for you and your family members who will come to Canada with you
When you apply, you need to include everyone who will come to Canada with you. This information will affect your fees. Check the fee list to see how much it will be.
An officer will assess your application to determine whether you meet the basic eligibility requirements. If you are not eligible to apply, your processing fee will be refunded.
If you are eligible, we will tell you that your application is being processed. Once processing has started we cannot refund your processing fee.
b) The Right of Permanent Residence Fee
You must pay this fee if we approve your application. This fee covers you and your family members, if any are coming with you. You must pay it before we issue your permanent resident visa.
We will refund this fee if:
- you cancel your application,
- your application is not approved, or
- you decide not to come to Canada.
c) Other fees
You must also pay fees to third parties for:
You must pay your processing and Right of Permanent Residence fees in Canadian dollars.
The easiest way to do so is online.
To pay online, you must:
- have a PDF reader,
- have a printer,
- have a valid email address,
- pay with a credit or debit card, and
- print the “receipt of payment” page when you are done and include it with your application.
If you cannot or do not want to pay online, you must:
Fill out the Fee Payment Form (IMM 5620) and include it with your application.
The instruction guide has more detailed information on fees.
4. Submit your application
Make sure you:
- answer all questions,
- sign your application and all forms,
- include your processing fee and
- include all the supporting documents.
If you forget something, your application will be sent back to you. You will have to fix any errors and resubmit it. Use the Document Checklist to make sure that you do not forget anything.
You must also include your Quebec certificate of selection (CSQ).
You should also:
- validate the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) online by clicking on the “Validate” button on the form,
- print the barcode page(s), and
- include all pages of the application form, including the barcode page(s), with your application.
This will help make sure your application is complete and help you avoid delays.
Mail your application and your fee payment form or receipt from paying online to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada:
Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Skilled Workers
P.O. Box 8888
Sydney, NS B1P 0C9
Do not send your application to any other processing centre or visa office.
Quebec skilled workers
- Date Modified: