Follow these steps to apply.
1. Get a Quebec certificate of selection
Visit the Quebec immigration website for more information on how to get a certificate of selection. You will have to submit a copy of the certificate with your permanent residence application to CIC.
2. Get the application package
The CIC application package includes the instruction guide and all the forms you need to fill out after Quebec has selected you. The guide will help you fill out the forms properly.
- Fill out the forms on your computer. When you are done:
- Validate the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) (PDF, 487.1 KB) online, Click the “validate” button on the top or bottom of the form. If there are any fields you still need to fill out, they will be marked in red).
- Print the validated application form, including the barcode page(s). (This page will come up after you validate the form).
- Sign and date the form where asked.
- Include all the pages of the application form, including the barcode page(s), with your application.
- Print the other forms, and sign and date them where asked.
- Each of your answers must be complete and true.
- You must fill out all the forms listed in the application package. Use the Document Checklist (PDF, 695.7 KB) to make sure you do not miss anything.
3. Pay your application fees
You will have to pay:
a) The processing fee for you and the family members who will come to Canada with you
Each person must pay a separate fee. Check the fee list to see how much it will be.
An officer will assess your application to see if you meet the basic eligibility standards. If you are not eligible to apply, we will tell you and refund your processing fee.
If you are eligible, we will tell you that we have sent your application to one of our offices for processing. That office will assess the rest of your application. Once it has started this process, we cannot refund your fee.
b) The Right of Permanent Residence fee
You must pay this fee if we approve your application. This fee covers you and your partner or dependants, if any are coming with you. You must pay it before you can become a permanent resident.
We will refund this fee if:
- you cancel your application,
- your application is not approved or
- you decide not to come to Canada.
c) Other fees
You must also pay fees to third parties for:
- your medical exam and
- a police certificate.
You must pay your processing fees (a) in Canadian dollars. The easiest way to do so is online.
To pay online, you must:
- have a PDF reader,
- have a printer,
- have a valid email address,
- have a Visa®, MasterCard® or American Express® credit card, and
- print the “receipt of payment” page when you are done and include it with your application.
If you cannot or do not want to pay online, you must:
Fill out the Fee Payment Form (IMM 5620) (PDF, 581 KB) in the application package and include it with your application.
The instruction guide has more detailed information on fees.
4. Submit your application
Make sure you:
- answer all questions,
- sign your application and all forms,
- include your processing fee and
- include all the supporting documents.
If you do not do these things, we will send your application back to you. You will have to fix any errors and then resend it. Use the Document Checklist (PDF, 696 KB) to make sure you do not miss any steps.
You must also include your Quebec certificate of selection.
- validate the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) online by clicking on the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form,
- print the barcode page(s) and
- include all pages of the application form, including the barcode page(s), with your application.
This will help make sure your application is complete and help you avoid delays in processing.
Mail your application and your fee payment form or receipt from paying online to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada:
Centralized Intake Office—QSW
P.O. Box 8888
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 0C9
Do not send your application to the visa office that serves your home country.
Also in this topic
Where to send your application
Quebec skilled workers
- Date Modified: