To qualify as a self-employed immigrant, you must:
- meet the definition of a self-employed person
- get a minimum of 35 points after we grade you based on our five selection criteria and point system
|Selection criteria||Maximum points||Your score|
|Ability in English and/or French||24|
Your maximum possible score is 100. The pass mark is currently 35 points but it may change. Make sure you visit this site regularly if you’re thinking about immigrating to Canada as a self-employed immigrant.
We select candidates based on:
- the documents that you provide
- your score under each of the selection criteria
- you meeting the definition of a self-employed person
As part of the immigration process, you may need an interview. During the interview, a visa officer will ask you to explain:
- information that is unclear or inconsistent
- shortcomings or gaps in the documents that you provide
If there is a difference between your statement of your qualifications and the visa officer’s assessment, we go with the officer’s decision.
Also in this topic
- Date Modified: