You can only stay in the Express Entry pool for one year from the date you were accepted into it. You can see this date in your account.
Your Express Entry profile will expire if you aren’t invited to apply in those 12 months. If it expires:
- your profile will be removed from the system
- you’ll get a message in your account
- you can create a new profile
If your profile is about to expire, you can save screen shots of (or print out) your profile to make it easier to re-enter your data. Don’t create a new profile until your existing one expires. You can create a new profile at any time once it does.
If you decide to create and submit a new profile before your existing one expires, you’ll need to withdraw your existing profile first.
To withdraw your profile:
- On the main page of your account, go to the section “What would you like to do today?”
- Scroll down to “View my submitted applications or profiles”
- Click on the orange “Withdraw profile” button
- Under the heading “What would you like to do today?” below the “Warning!” text, click on the orange “Continue” button.
To create a new profile
If you’re still interested in coming to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you’ll need to:
- complete and submit a new profile
- fill out and validate the new profile within 60 days
- if you don’t submit your new profile within the 60 days, you’ll have to start over
- meet the eligibility
If you still meet the eligibility when you submit your profile, you’ll get a new:
- Express Entry profile number
- Job Seeker Validation Code
Note: It is now optional to create a Job Match account with Job Bank.
You may want to try to improve your Express Entry pool ranking to have a better chance of getting invited to apply. You can do this by:
- improving your language test results
- getting a job offer in Canada
- getting an ECA for degrees or diplomas from outside Canada
If you don’t create a new profile, you must remove mentions of Express Entry from your profiles on any job boards, if you used any.
Other ways to immigrate
- Date Modified: