Thank you for your interest in sponsoring a parent or grandparent.
The online submission form to show your interest closed at noon on February 2, 2017. We are no longer accepting submissions for 2017.
We’ve reviewed the submissions and removed duplicate entries. More than 95,000 people expressed their interest to sponsor their parent or grandparent.
From these, we did two rounds of random selection and invited potential sponsors to submit an application.
During the first round, we emailed everyone who completed the form to let them know if they were invited to submit an application. During the second round, we only sent emails to those who were selected.
If you’re invited to apply
- you have 90 days from the date we sent you the invitation to send us your complete application using the 2017 application package
- if you don’t send us your application within the 90 days, you won’t be able to apply again this year
If you’re not invited to apply
- you’ll have the opportunity to show your interest to sponsor your parents or grandparents again in 2018
- if you want your parents or grandparents to visit you in Canada for an extended period of time, you also have the option to apply for a super visa
If you didn’t receive an email
- make sure to check the same email account you used on the submission form
- check the junk mail folder
During the second round of invitations, we only sent emails to those who were selected. If you didn’t receive an email, you were not selected during the second round.
If you are unsure whether you’re invited or not
If you are unsure if you’re invited to submit an application, find out if you were selected.
This is the first year we’ve introduced the new application process for the Parent and Grandparent Program. As with all of our programs, we’ll continue to look for ways to improve the process.
- Date Modified: