After you apply: get next steps – Sponsor your other eligible relatives

The application assessment process

The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-Mississauga) will review your sponsorship application. If it is approved, you will be notified in writing.

CPC-Mississauga will inform you whether or not your sponsorship application is approved. If you do not meet the sponsorship requirements, the relative(s) you want to sponsor may continue with their application for permanent residence, but it may not be approved. If you are approved as a sponsor but the application of the relative(s) you are sponsoring is refused, you will receive the reason for the refusal and information about appeal rights.

You may withdraw your sponsorship application at any point in the process before the relative(s) you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident of Canada. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee and/or the permanent resident application fees if processing of your application has not yet begun. See below on how to contact CIC to withdraw your application.

For more information

You may be able to avoid unnecessary delays by:

  • making sure your application is complete. You can do this by carefully reading the instructions in the application guide,
  • submitting the correct fees required to process your application,
  • making sure that your contact information and your application are up to date. See below about when to contact CIC regarding changes.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify CIC of any changes in your application, such as:

  • changes in your personal circumstances such as a birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce,
  • change in contact information (email, mailing address, phone number),
  • appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual, or,
  • decision to withdraw your application.

How do I contact CIC?

To change contact information:

Please use CIC’s online form to change your contact information. Do not send change of address information to CPC-Mississauga, it will not be acknowledged and your contact information will not be updated; this could lead to a delay in processing your application.

To appoint or change a representative:

You may send a copy of the completed and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) via email by selecting the link below. Please include the Sponsor’s name, date of birth and UCI Number or Application Number if known.

To Pay or Request Refund of RPRF:

If the Visa Office has instructed your relative(s) to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) or if you wish to request a refund of RPRF which you have already paid (refunds can only be issued after you have declined your right of appeal), you may send a copy of the Official Receipt via email by selecting one of the links below. Please include the Sponsor’s name, date of birth, and UCI Number or Application Number if known.

To change personal circumstances or withdraw an application:

If you need to:

Please do not send the same enquiry more than once as it will delay the processing of your application.

If you are unable to send an enquiry by the above methods, you may notify CPC-Mississauga of these changes by mail or fax. The contact information can be found in the Sponsorship Guide. Other questions or enquiries will not be acknowledged and you will not receive a response.

Contact us for more information.

Date Modified: