Fraud is a crime in Canada. It weakens Canada’s immigration system, costs taxpayers money, and slows down processing of valid applications.
We all have a duty to prevent fraud and report those who commit it.
Types of fraud
- Email and Internet scams
- Marriage and relationship fraud
- Document fraud (misrepresentation)
- Irregular adoptions
Immigrate the right way
When you immigrate to Canada, you do not have to hire someone to represent you.
- Immigration consultants, lawyers, and other representatives—choose carefully
- Know your rights
- Learn how to report fraud
- Learn how to immigrate to Canada
- Learn how to adopt a child from another country
- Answer a few questions to find out if you are eligible to live, work, study in Canada
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is working with its partners to crack down on immigration fraud.
- Date Modified: