Note: On July 1, 2012, CIC temporarily stopped accepting applications for the federal Investor program to focus on processing the applications we already have while the program is reviewed. This pause on new applications will continue until further notice. It does not apply to the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program.
Note: On July 1, 2011, CIC temporarily stopped accepting new applications for the federal Entrepreneur program. Only applications received by CIC before July 1, 2011 will be processed. This temporary pause in accepting new applications will continue until further notice
This application includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5722] (PDF, 246 KB) January 2013
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 366 KB) March 2014
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB) July 2013
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB) December 2012
- Schedule 6 – Business Immigrants – Investors and entrepreneurs[IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 6] (PDF, 214 KB) June 2012
- Schedule 6A Business Immigrants – Self-employed persons [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 6A] (PDF, 264 KB) June 2012
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 281 KB) September 2013
- Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 21 KB) May 2004
- Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence [IMM 5620] (PDF, 86 KB) March 2013
- For applicants in the Federal investor program, if you are using the services of a facilitator, complete and sign the Investor’s Acknowledgement Form
- Instruction Guide [IMM 4000]
If you are applying under the Federal or Quebec business classes, you must:
- submit your application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia
For Federal Self-Employed Class applications:
For Quebec Business Class applications:
If the CIO determines that your application is complete, it will be forwarded to the appropriate CIC office for processing. If your application does not include all of the documents and forms set out in the checklist, CIC will return it to you. Do not provide documents which are not listed in the checklist.
Note: All business applicants intending to settle in the province of Quebec must first apply to the Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities (MICC) for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ).
How to use this application package
Read the instruction guide to complete your application forms
- Use the new Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 366 KB). It can be completed and saved on a computer. You will need Adobe Reader 10 or higher.
- Filling the form electronically is easier and reduces the risk of errors that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click on the link and select ‘Save Target As...’
Complete, validate, print, sign and date your application forms
To ensure you submit all the pages:
- Click on the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing ensures you have answered all the questions and will avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- Print on white, bond-quality and non-glossy paper
- Use of a laser printer is recommended
- Place the barcode page on the top of each individual package.
Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5722) to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: