New: Starting August 1st, 2014, the age at which a child is considered a dependant will be reduced from under 22 years of age to less than 19 years of age. Read about the changes.
Terminated programs: Federal Immigrant Investor and Entrepreneurs
On June 19, 2014, applications still in the backlog of the federal Immigrant Investor Program and Entrepreneur Program were terminated. Find out how you may be affected.
This application includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5722] (PDF, 251 KB) September 2014
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 487 KB) November 2014
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 471 KB) August 2014
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 246 KB) December 2012
- Schedule 5 – Declaration of Intent to Reside in Quebec – Economic Classes [IMM 0008 Schedule 5] (PDF, 542 KB)
- Schedule 6 – Business Immigrants – Investors and entrepreneurs [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 6] (PDF, 728 KB) June 2014
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB) September 2013
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 597 KB)
- Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 1.8 MB) May 2004
- Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence [IMM 5620] (PDF, 617 KB) November 2014
- Instruction Guide [IMM 4000]
For Quebec Business Class applications:
If the CIO determines that your application is complete, it will be forwarded to the appropriate CIC office for processing. If your application does not include all of the documents and forms set out in the checklist, CIC will return it to you. Do not provide documents which are not listed in the checklist.
Want to live in Quebec?
If you plan to settle in Quebec as a business immigrant, you must first apply to the Government of Québec for a Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ).
How to use this application package
Read the instruction guide to complete your application forms
- Use the new Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 487 KB). It can be completed and saved on a computer. You will need Adobe Reader 10 or higher.
- Filling the form electronically is easier and reduces the risk of errors that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click on the link and select ‘Save Target As…’
Complete, validate, print, sign and date your application forms
To ensure you submit all the pages:
- Click on the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing ensures you have answered all the questions and will avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- Print on white, bond-quality and non-glossy paper
- Use of a laser printer is recommended
- Place the barcode page on the top of each individual package.
Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5722) (PDF, 251 KB) to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: