New: Starting August 1st, 2014, the age at which a child is considered a dependant will be reduced from under 22 years of age to less than 19 years of age. Read about the changes – archived.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5800] April 2017
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] June 2017
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] August 2014
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] December 2012
- Schedule 16 – High Medical Needs Caregiver Class [IMM 0008 Schedule 16] November 2014
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] September 2013
- Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM 5562) May 2004
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] September 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5798]
A maximum of 2,750 applications will be processed each year under the Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class. Applications must be complete and meet the eligibility criteria in effect on the date it is received by the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville CPC-V, Alberta.
Please check our website before submitting your application to ensure that the limit of applications has not already been reached.
How to use this application package
Read the instruction guide to complete your application forms
- Use the new Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]. It can be completed and saved on a computer. You will need Adobe Reader 10 or higher.
- Filling the form electronically is easier and reduces the risk of errors that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click on the link and select ‘Save Target As…’
Complete, validate, print, sign and date your application forms
To ensure you submit all the pages:
- Click on the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing ensures you have answered all the questions and will avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- Print on white, bond-quality and non-glossy paper
- Use of a laser printer is recommended
- Place the barcode page on the top of each individual package.
Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5722) to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees.
Visit the Pay your fees page to learn about accepted methods of payment.
Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville (CPC-V), Alberta.
- Date Modified: