Important: If your application is incomplete or missing information, it will be returned to you.
This application includes the following items:
- Application for a Citizenship Certificate (including the Document Checklist) [Form CIT 0001] (PDF, 1.9 MB) June 2014
- Citizenship Photo Specifications
- Fees Receipt
You have two options to obtain a fees receipt:
- Instruction Guide [CIT 0001]
This application is for Canadian citizens residing inside or outside Canada who wish to apply for a citizenship certificate as proof of Canadian citizenship. The documents that must be submitted with your application depend on whether you apply for a replacement of a lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed certificate or if you apply for a certificate for the first time.
In Canada and the United States.
- Read your instruction guide and download your application forms
- Complete, sign and date your application forms
- Pay the fees
- Mail your fully completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia
Outside Canada and the United States. Contact the nearest Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: