This application includes:
General information for all applicants
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 366 KB) June 2014
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB) July 2011
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB) December 2012
- Schedule 2 Refugees Outside Canada [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 2] (PDF, 298 KB) October 2011
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 611 KB) March 2014
Use this application if you need protection and you want to resettle in Canada. To qualify, you must:
- meet the definition of a Convention refugee looking to be resettled or
- be a member of the Humanitarian Designated Classes.
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
- Filling out the form using a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select "Save Target As..."
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages, follow these steps.
IMM 0008 form
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: