New: Starting August 1st, 2014, the age at which a child is considered a dependant will be reduced from under 22 years of age to less than 19 years of age. Read about the changes.
This application includes:
General information for all applicants
- Document Checklist [IMM 5679] April 2016
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] December 2016
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] August 2014
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] December 2012
- Schedule 2 Refugees Outside Canada [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 2] October 2011
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] September 2015
Use this application if you need protection and you want to resettle in Canada. To qualify, you must:
- meet the definition of a Convention refugee looking to be resettled or
- be a member of the Humanitarian Designated Classes.
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to complete your application forms.
- Filling out the forms on a computer is easier than filling them out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages, follow these steps.
IMM 0008 form
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Mail your completed application to the correct Canadian visa office.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
Find out if you are eligibleCome to Canada
- Date Modified: