As of January 29th 2016, you are no longer able to order new Payment Receipt forms (IMM 5401) from CIC.
Canadian Financial Institutions will continue to accept previously ordered IMM 5401 Payment Receipt forms until March 31st 2016.
If you are in Canada and need to extend your Study Permit and renew your Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), submit a separate application for the new TRV to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa only after CIC has approved the extension of your Study Permit.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5555] May 2014
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Student [IMM 5709] November 2015
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] April 2015
- Custodian Declaration [IMM 5646] January 2015
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] September 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5552]
Use this application if you are a temporary resident who is already in Canada as a student and you want to:
- extend your stay,
- change the conditions of your stay,
- change your type of temporary status or
- correct problems with your status.
It is important to apply for the renewal before the expiry of your current status.
New: There are two ways you can change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a student.
- Apply online.
- Read your Instruction Guide and download your application forms.
- Fill out, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay the fees.
- Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.
Note: You can only get the student package from the CIC website.
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As...”
To make sure you submit all the pages of the form with your application package, follow these steps.
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
Find out if you are eligibleCome to Canada
- Date Modified: