If you are in Canada and need to extend your Work Permit and renew your Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), submit a separate application for the new TRV to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa only after we have approved the extension of your Work Permit.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5556] September 2016
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710] August 2016
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] April 2015
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] September 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5553]
Use this application if you are a temporary resident who is already in Canada and you want to:
- extend your stay,
- change the conditions of your stay,
- change your type of temporary status or
- correct problems with your status.
It is important to apply before your current status expires.
New: There are two ways you can change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a worker.
- Apply online.
- Read your Instruction Guide and download your application forms.
- Fill out, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay the fees.
- Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.
Note: You can only get the application package from our website.
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
To make sure you submit all the pages of the form with your application package, follow these steps.
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
Find out if you are eligibleCome to Canada
- Date Modified: