Starting November 30, 2014, CIC will introduce changes to the Live-in Caregiver program. Read about these changes and how they might affect you.
If you are in Canada and need to extend your Work Permit and renew your Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), submit a separate application for the new TRV to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa only after CIC has approved the extension of your Work Permit.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5556] (PDF, 167 KB) October 2014
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710] (PDF, 441 KB) June 2014
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 47 KB) April 2009
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 597 KB) March 2014
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5553]
Use this application if you are a temporary resident who is already in Canada and you want to:
- extend your stay,
- change the conditions of your stay,
- change your type of temporary status or
- correct problems with your status.
It is important to apply before your current status expires.
New: There are two ways to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a worker.
- Apply online.
- Read your Instruction Guide and download your application forms.
- Fill out, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay your fees. There are two ways you can pay:
- online (preferred option) or
- at a financial institution in Canada.
For option 2:
- We will need to mail you an original receipt. It may take two to three weeks to arrive.
- Bring this receipt to pay your fees at the bank or wire service. They will keep one section and give the rest back to you.
- Send one section with your application and keep the other for your records.
- Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
To make sure you submit all the pages of the form with your application package, follow these steps.
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: