If you are in Canada and need to extend your Work Permit and renew your Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), you may submit a separate application for the new TRV to the Case Processing Pilot Office in Ottawa (CPP-O) only after the extension of your Work Permit has been approved.
This application includes the following items:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5556] (PDF, 47 KB)
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710] (PDF, 413 KB)
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB)
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)
- Fees Receipt
You have two options to obtain a fees receipt:
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5553]
This application is for temporary residents who are already in Canada and wish to:
- extend their stay;
- change the conditions of their stay;
- change their type of temporary status; or
- correct problems with their status.
It is important to apply for the renewal before the expiry of your current status.
New: You now have two options available when submitting an application to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a worker:
- Read your instruction guide and download your application forms
- Complete, sign and date your application forms
- Pay the fees
- Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta
The Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710] form is only supported by Adobe Reader 8.1 or higher, and can be completed and saved on a computer.
Completing the form electronically is easier and reduces the risk of errors that can slow down the application process.
To ensure you submit all the pages of the form [IMM 5710] with your application package:
- Click on the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
- A fifth page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- Place the barcode page (page 5 of 5) on the top of each individual package.
- Print on white, bond-quality and non-glossy paper
- Use of a laser printer is recommended
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: