If you are in Canada and need to extend your Work Permit and renew your Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), submit a separate application for the new TRV to the Case Processing Pilot Office in Ottawa only after CIC has approved the extension of your Work Permit.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5556] (PDF, 47 KB) May 2013
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710] (PDF, 357 KB) November 2013
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB) April 2009
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB) April 2013
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5553]
Use this application if you are a temporary resident who is already in Canada and you want to:
- extend your stay,
- change the conditions of your stay,
- change your type of temporary status or
- correct problems with your status.
It is important to apply before your current status expires.
New: There are two ways to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a worker.
- Apply online.
- Read your Instruction Guide and download your application forms.
- Fill out, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay your fees. There are two ways you can pay:
- online (preferred option) or
- at a financial institution in Canada.
For option 2:
- We will need to mail you an original receipt. It may take two to three weeks to arrive.
- Bring this receipt to pay your fees at the bank or wire service. They will keep one section and give the rest back to you.
- Send one section with your application and keep the other for your records.
- Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As...”
To make sure you submit all the pages of the form with your application package, follow these steps.
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: