New: Starting August 1st, 2014, the age at which a child is considered a dependant will be reduced from under 22 years of age to less than 19 years of age. Read about the changes.
Note: If you sent your application before July 18, 2011, you must fill out the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) and the Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669).
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
Read the instructions for your visa office to make sure that you include all the forms and documents you need.
General information for all applicants:
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB) September 2013
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 597 KB) September 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 3998]
Visa office–specific instructions
Choose the visa office where you will apply. You will find more information specific to that office.
- Abidjan, Ivory Coast [IMM 3068] (refer to the Dakar, Senegal (PDF, 365 KB) visa office instructions
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates [IMM 3146] (PDF, 359 KB)
- Accra, Ghana [IMM 3100] (PDF, 366 KB)
- Ankara, Turkey [IMM 3103] (PDF, 360 KB)
- Beijing, China [IMM 3155] (PDF, 403 KB)
- Berlin, Germany [IMM 3056] (PDF, 366 KB) (The Berlin visa office no longer processes applications. The mailing address has been changed in this checklist to the Vienna, Austria, visa office.)
- Bogota, Colombia [IMM 3063] (PDF, 365 KB)
- Bucharest, Romania [IMM 3106] (PDF, 365 KB)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina [IMM 3044] (PDF, 352 KB)
- Buffalo, U.S.A. [IMM 3048] (PDF, 361 KB) (The Buffalo office no longer processes applications. The mailing address has been changed in this checklist to the Los Angeles visa office.)
- Cairo, Egypt [IMM 3011] (PDF, 348 KB)
- Caracas, Venezuela [IMM 3108] (PDF, 391 KB) (The Caracas office no longer processes applications. The mailing address has been changed in this checklist to the Mexico City, Mexico, visa office.)
- Colombo, Sri Lanka [IMM 3110] (PDF, 381 KB)
- Dakar, Senegal [IMM 3068] (PDF, 365 KB)
- Dar es Salaam [IMM 3157]
- Guatemala City, Guatemala [IMM 3117] (PDF, 365 KB)
- Havana, Cuba [IMM 3118] (PDF, 363 KB)
- Hong Kong, China [IMM 3019] (PDF, 346 KB)
- Islamabad, Pakistan [IMM 3020] (PDF, 916 KB)
- Kingston, Jamaica [IMM 3021] (PDF, 380 KB)
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [IMM 3123] (PDF, 408 KB) (The Kuala Lumpur visa office no longer processes applications. The mailing address has been changed in this checklist to the Singapore, Singapore, visa office.)
- Kyiv, Ukraine [IMM 3074] (PDF, 343 KB)
- Lima, Peru [IMM 3125] (PDF, 390 KB)
- London, United Kingdom [IMM 3023] (PDF, 382 KB)
- Manila, Philippines [IMM 3025] (PDF, 368 KB)
- Mexico City, Mexico [IMM 3062] (PDF, 363 KB)
- Moscow, Russia [IMM 3075] (PDF, 491 KB)
- Nairobi, Kenya [IMM 3055] (PDF, 420 KB)
- New Delhi, India [IMM 3029] (PDF, 382 KB)
- Paris, France [IMM 3031] (PDF, 459 KB)
- Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago [IMM 3033] (PDF, 369 KB)
- Port-au-Prince, Haiti [IMM 3061] (PDF, 484 KB)
- Pretoria, South Africa [IMM 3067] (PDF, 364 KB)
- Rabat, Morocco [IMM 3060] (PDF, 516 KB)
- Rome, Italy [IMM 3034] (PDF, 374 KB)
- Santiago, Chile [IMM 3064] (PDF, 349 KB)
- Sao Paulo, Brazil [IMM 3134] (PDF, 163 KB)
- Seoul, South Korea [IMM 3058] (PDF, 361 KB) (The Seoul visa office no longer processes applications. The mailing address has changed in this checklist to the Manila visa office.)
- Singapore, Singapore [IMM 3057] (PDF, 361 KB)
- Sydney, Australia [IMM 3038] (PDF, 359 KB)
- Taipei, Taiwan [IMM 3156] (PDF, 343 KB)
(The Taipei visa office no longer processes applications. The mailing address has been changed in this checklist to the Hong Kong, China, visa office.)
- Tel Aviv, Israel [IMM 3039] (PDF, 414 KB)
- Tokyo, Japan [IMM 3041] (PDF, 352 KB) (The Tokyo visa office no longer processes applications. The mailing address has been changed in this checklist to the Manila, Philippines, visa office.)
- Vienna, Austria [IMM 3042] (PDF, 352 KB)
- Warsaw, Poland [IMM 3059] (PDF, 366 KB)
Use this application if you want to join close family members in Canada. Only a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor you to immigrate to Canada.
To use this application, you must be related to your sponsor in one of these ways:
- child adopted outside of Canada or who will be adopted in Canada, or
- brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild who is orphaned, under 18 years of age, and not married or in a common-law relationship.
If you are related to your sponsor in another way, they could still sponsor you if they do not have one of these living relatives they could sponsor as a member of the Family Class:
- common-law or conjugal partner,
- son or daughter,
- brother or sister,
- uncle or aunt, or
- niece or nephew.
Your sponsor must also not have any relative who is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or registered Indian.
Note: If you are a Canadian citizen adopting a child from another country, you may apply for Canadian citizenship for your adopted child right away. You do not have to apply for permanent residence first. If you are an adult who is adopted, you may apply for yourself.
- Date Modified: