This application package includes:
- Document Checklist — Sponsor [IMM 5287] (PDF, 74 KB) February 2013
- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 417 KB) November 2013
- Financial Evaluation [IMM 1283] (PDF, 358 KB) July 2011
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 366 KB) March 2014
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB) July 2011
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB) December 2012
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB) April 2009
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 611 KB) March 2014
- Medical Condition Statement (PDF, 61 KB)
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5196 Temp]
Use this application if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident living in Canada, and you want to sponsor close family members living abroad, including:
- children adopted outside of Canada or who will be adopted in Canada, or
- brother, sisters, nephew, niece or grandchild who are orphaned, under 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship.
If you are related to the person you want to sponsor in another way, you could still sponsor him or her if you do not have one of the following living relatives you could sponsor as a member of the Family Class:
- common-law or conjugal partner,
- son or daughter,
- brother or sister,
- uncle or aunt, or
- niece or nephew.
You must also not have any relative who is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or registered Indian.
Note: If you are a Canadian citizen adopting a child from another country, you can apply for Canadian citizenship for your adopted child right away. You do not have to apply for permanent residence first. If you are an adult who is adopted, you may apply for yourself.
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
- Filling out the forms on a computer is easier than filling them out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As...”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages of each form, follow these steps.
IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 forms
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist to make sure that you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees
There are two ways you can pay:
- online (preferred option) or
- at a financial institution in Canada.
For option 2:
- We will need to mail you an original receipt. It may take two to three weeks to arrive.
- Bring this receipt to pay your fees at the bank or wire service. They will keep one section and give the rest back to you.
- Send one section with your application and keep the other for your records.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: