Reminder: Special immigration measures for eligible citizens from Haiti and Zimbabwe expire soon! You have until August 4, 2016 to apply for permanent residence on humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) grounds without risk of being removed from Canada. If you don’t apply, or if you apply after this date, you could be removed and sent back to your home country.
As of August 1st, 2014, the age at which a child is considered a dependant will be reduced from under 22 years of age to less than 19 years of age. Read about the changes – archived.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5575]
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
- Supplementary Information [IMM 5283]
- Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475]
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5599]
- Notification of Intent – if applicable
If you and your dependents are approved, you will be asked at a later date to fill out additional forms in order to complete background checks.
This may include:
Most people who apply for permanent residence in Canada must do so from their home country.
Use this application if you are:
- in Canada, and
- eligible for the special measures that came into effect on February 4, 2016
Note: The Supplementary Information – Humanitarian and Compassionate Considerations (IMM 5283) form was changed in June 2012 as a result of the changes to the law. You must use the new form to apply.
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to complete your application forms.
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages, follow these steps.
IMM 0008 form
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees
You must include the fee with your application. Find out how to pay your fees.
If you wish to apply for a loan to cover the processing fees of your application, you must:
- complete and sign the Notification of Intent.
- attach all supporting documents.
This will notify IRCC of your intent to apply for an immigration loan.
Send the Notification of Intent and the supporting documents with your application.
For more information about applying for a loan to cover the processing fees of your application, refer to the instruction guide under “Can I apply for a loan to cover the processing fees of my application?”.
Mail your completed application to:
IRCC – Backlog Reduction Office
#600 – 605 Robson Street
The envelope should be clearly labelled with the words “Haiti – TSR” or “Zimbabwe – TSR” when you mail your application.
- Date Modified: