New: Starting August 1st, 2014, the age at which a child is considered a dependant will be reduced from under 22 years of age to less than 19 years of age. Read about the changes.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5282] (PDF, 187 KB) October 2014
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 487 KB) November 2014
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424 KB) August 2014
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 246 KB) December 2012
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB) September 2013
- Live-in Caregiver – Employer Declaration of Hours Worked [IMM 5634] (PDF, 460 KB) October 2014
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 597 KB) March 2014
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5290]
Use this application if you want to apply for permanent residence in Canada and you:
- have been working in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program for at least 24 months, or
- worked a total of 3,900 hours within four years of arriving in Canada, and
- have a valid work permit to work in a home offering live-in care for children, seniors or the disabled.
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As...”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages, follow these steps.
IMM 0008 form
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist to make sure that you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees.
There are two ways you can pay:
- online (preferred option) or
- at a financial institution in Canada.
For option 2:
- We will need to mail you an original receipt. It may take two to three weeks to arrive.
- Bring this receipt to pay your fees at the bank or wire service. They will keep one section and give the rest back to you.
- Send one section with your application and keep the other for your records.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: