Important: You must submit your application using the latest forms
Citizenship application forms were updated on June 11, 2015. All applications received on or after June 11, 2015 must use the latest forms (dated 06-2015) or they will be considered incomplete and will be returned. This includes resubmitted applications.
This application package includes:
- Application for Canadian Citizenship — Minors (including the Document Checklist [CIT 0003] June 2015
- Citizenship Photo Specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] June 2015
- Instruction Guide
Use this application if you are applying for citizenship for a child under 18. The child must be a permanent resident of Canada. The child must also have at least one parent who is a Canadian citizen or who will become a citizen at the same time.
In addition, Citizenship applicants 14 years of age or older on the date of the signatures on the application must:
- be able to understand and speak basic English or French, and
- know about Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship
Do not use this form to prove a child born outside Canada to a Canadian parent is a Canadian citizen. If your child was born outside Canada and is a Canadian citizen, apply for proof of citizenship (adults and minors). You may also apply for proof of citizenship for a child born in Canada if you do not have a document showing the child has Canadian citizenship.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: