This application package includes:
- Document Checklist (CIT 0008)
- Application for Canadian Citizenship — Minors [CIT 0003] April 2016
- Citizenship Photo Specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] June 2015
- Instruction Guide
- Statutory Declaration – Request for a Change of Sex Designation (CIT 0404)
- Support for a change of sex designation on an IRCC document (CIT 0552)
Use this application if you are applying for citizenship for a child under 18. The child must be a permanent resident of Canada. The child must also have at least one parent who is a Canadian citizen or who will become a citizen at the same time.
In addition, Citizenship applicants 14 years of age or older on the date of the signatures on the application must:
- be able to understand and speak basic English or French, and
- know about Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship
Do not use this form to prove a child born outside Canada to a Canadian parent is a Canadian citizen. If your child was born outside Canada and is a Canadian citizen, apply for proof of citizenship (adults and minors). You may also apply for proof of citizenship for a child born in Canada if you do not have a document showing the child has Canadian citizenship.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
Find out if you are eligibleCome to Canada
- Date Modified: