This application package includes:
- Document Checklist (CIT 0008)
- Application for Canadian Citizenship — Minors [CIT 0003] September 2016
- Citizenship Photo Specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] September 2015
- Instruction Guide
- Statutory Declaration – Request for a Change of Sex Designation (CIT 0404)
- Support for a change of sex designation on an IRCC document (CIT 0552)
Ensure you use the current version of the forms. Older versions will not be accepted.
Use this application if you are applying for citizenship for a child under 18. The child must be a permanent resident of Canada. The child must also have at least one parent who is a Canadian citizen or who will become a citizen at the same time.
In addition, Citizenship applicants 14 years of age or older on the date of the signatures on the application must:
- be able to understand and speak basic English or French, and
- know about Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship
Do not use this form to prove a child born outside Canada to a Canadian parent is a Canadian citizen. If your child was born outside Canada and is a Canadian citizen, apply for proof of citizenship (adults and minors). You may also apply for proof of citizenship for a child born in Canada if you do not have a document showing the child has Canadian citizenship.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
Find out if you are eligibleCome to Canada
- Date Modified: