The fees receipt order system will be unavailable from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Eastern standard time, on March 8, 2014, in order to perform system maintenance.
Important: If your application is incomplete or missing information, we will return it to you. Please make sure you include postal codes for all Canadian and overseas addresses.
This application package includes:
- Application for Canadian Citizenship — Minors (including the Document Checklist [Form CIT 0003] (PDF, 162 KB) February 2013
- Citizenship Photo Specifications
- Instruction Guide
Use this application if you are applying for citizenship for a child under 18. The child must be a permanent resident of Canada. The child must also have at least one parent who is a Canadian citizen or who will become a citizen at the same time.
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
- Read the Instruction Guide and download the application forms.
- Fill out, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay your fees. There are two ways you can pay:
- online (preferred option) or
- at a financial institution in Canada.
For option 2:
- We will need to mail you an original receipt. It may take two to three weeks to arrive.
- Bring this receipt to pay your fees at the bank or wire service. They will keep one section and give the rest back to you.
- Send one section with your application and keep the other for your records.
- Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia.