Important: We will return your application to you if:
- it is incomplete or missing information,
- it does not contain all of the required documents, or
- you do not follow the Photograph Specifications for Permanent resident Cards (PDF, 1.05 MB).
This application package includes:
- Application for a Permanent Resident Card (including the Document Checklist) [IMM 5444] (PDF, 815 KB) February 2015
- Supplementary Identification [IMM 5455] (PDF, 560 KB) January 2012
- Photograph Specifications for Permanent Resident Cards (PDF, 989 KB)
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 611 KB) June 2015
- Authority to release personal information to a designated individual
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5445]
Initial card, replacement or renewal
Use this application if you are a permanent resident in Canada and applying for your first PR card. You can also use this application to renew or replace your PR card.
The PR card is a status document. It is proof of your permanent resident status.
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
- Read the Instruction Guide and download the application forms.
- Fill out, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay your fees. There are two ways you can pay:
- online (preferred option) or
- at a financial institution in Canada.
For option 2:
- We will need to mail you an original receipt. It may take two to three weeks to arrive.
- Bring this receipt to pay your fees at the bank or wire service. They will keep one section and give the rest back to you.
- Send one section with your application and keep the other for your records.
- Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: