Important: We will return your application to you if:
- it is incomplete or missing information,
- it does not contain all of the required documents, or
- you do not follow the Photograph Specifications for Permanent resident Cards.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist (IMM 5644)
- Application for a Permanent Resident Card [IMM 5444] June 2016
- Supplementary Identification [IMM 5455] January 2012
- Photograph Specifications for Permanent Resident Cards
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] September 2015
- Authority to release personal information to a designated individual
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5445]
- Statutory Declaration – Request for a Change of Sex Designation (CIT 0404)
- Support for a change of sex designation on an IRCC document (CIT 0552)
- Request for Permanent Resident Card indicating sex designation other than sex shown on foreign travel document (IMM 5543)
Initial card, replacement or renewal
Use this application if you are a permanent resident in Canada and applying for your first PR card. You can also use this application to renew or replace your PR card.
The PR card is a status document. It is proof of your permanent resident status.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: