Wildfires in Fort McMurray and surrounding areas
New measures are in place to help those affected by the wildfires, including free replacement of citizenship and immigration documents. Read the notice.
Important: We will return your application to you if:
- it is incomplete or missing information,
- it does not contain all of the required documents, or
- you do not follow the Photograph Specifications for Permanent resident Cards.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist (IMM 5644)
- Application for a Permanent Resident Card [IMM 5444] June 2016
- Supplementary Identification [IMM 5455] January 2012
- Photograph Specifications for Permanent Resident Cards
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] September 2015
- Authority to release personal information to a designated individual
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5445]
- Statutory Declaration – Request for a Change of Sex Designation (CIT 0404)
- Support for a change of sex designation on an IRCC document (CIT 0552)
- Request for Permanent Resident Card indicating sex designation other than sex shown on foreign travel document (IMM 5543)
Initial card, replacement or renewal
Use this application if you are a permanent resident in Canada and applying for your first PR card. You can also use this application to renew or replace your PR card.
The PR card is a status document. It is proof of your permanent resident status.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: