New: Starting August 1st, 2014, the age at which a child is considered a dependant will be reduced from under 22 years of age to less than 19 years of age. Read about the changes.
This application includes:
General information for all applicants
- Document Checklist [IMM 5437] (PDF, 609 KB) August 2013
- Undertaking/Application to Sponsor [IMM 5373] (PDF, 1.1 MB) October 2013
- Sponsor Assessment [IMM 5492] (PDF, 88 KB) October 2013
- Application for Convention Refugees Abroad and Humanitarian-Protected Persons Abroad [IMM 6000]
For Sponsorship Agreement Holders and Constituent Groups:
- Settlement Plan — Sponsorship Agreement Holder or Constituent Group [IMM 5440] (PDF, 690 KB) October 2009
For Groups of Five:
- Settlement Plan — Group of Five [IMM 5373A] (PDF, 1.2 MB) March 2014
- Financial Profile — Member of Group of 5 [IMM 5373B] (PDF, 1 MB) October 2012
For Community Sponsors:
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 597 KB) March 2014
- Add dependant(s) to a private sponsorship undertaking [IMM 5618] (PDF, 665 KB) September 2013
Note: The principal refugee applicant and his or her family members are required to complete an application for permanent residence (IMM 6000). The IMM 6000 must be submitted together with the sponsorship undertaking to the Citizenship and Immigration Centre indicated in the guide.
This application is for:
- Sponsorship Agreement Holders and their Constituent Groups who wish to sponsor refugees seeking resettlement.
Sponsorship Agreement Holders are religious, ethnic, community or service organizations, which have signed an agreement with the Minister, and are already approved to sponsor refugees.
- Groups of Five or more Canadians or permanent residents who wish to sponsor refugees coming to Canada.
A Group of Five must provide a settlement plan and prove that it has the money to sponsor a refugee for one year.
- Community Sponsors who wish to sponsor refugee(s) living outside of Canada.
A Community Sponsor may be:
- An organization,
- An association, or
- A corporation.
It is not necessary that the organization, association or corporation be incorporated under federal or provincial law.
Sponsors living in the province of Quebec should contact the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles.
Submit the application to a Citizenship and Immigration Centre. You can find the address in the application guide that comes with the application.
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
- Read your instruction guide and download your application forms.
- Complete, sign and date your application forms.
- Mail your completed application to the Centralized Processing Office in Winnipeg, Manitoba (CPO-W).
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: