New: Starting August 1st, 2014, the age at which a child is considered a dependant will be reduced from under 22 years of age to less than 19 years of age. Read about the changes.
This application is for persons in Canada who would like to make a claim for refugee protection.
Read these two instruction guides to help you complete your application and understand the application process:
- Application Guide - Applying for Refugee Protection from within Canada
- Claimant’s Guide, by the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB)
This application includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5745] May 2017
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] March 2017
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] August 2014
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] December 2012
- Schedule 12 - Additional Information – Refugee Claimants Inside Canada (IMM 0008 - Schedule 12) December 2012
- Basis of Claim Form (IRB)
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] September 2015
How to use this application package
Read the instruction guide to complete your application forms
- Use the new Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]. It can be completed and saved on a computer. You will need Adobe Reader 10 or higher.
- Completing the form electronically is easier and reduces the risk of errors.
- Press the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the application to make sure you have completed all the fields and to generate 2D barcodes before printing.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click on the link and select ‘Save Target As…’
Complete, validate, and print your application forms
To ensure you submit all the pages:
- Click on the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing ensures you have answered all the questions and will avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- Print on white, bond-quality and non-glossy paper
- Use of a laser printer is recommended
- Place the barcode page on the top of each individual package.
Use the Document Checklist to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Submit your fully completed application forms in person to a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office.
- Date Modified: