Starting February 1st 2016, you will no longer be able to order new Payment Receipt forms (IMM 5401) from CIC.
Canadian Financial Institutions will continue to accept the IMM 5401 Payment Receipt until March 31st 2016.
- Application to Renounce Canadian Citizenship [CIT 0302] June 2015
- Citizenship Photo Specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] June 2015
- Instruction Guide [CIT 0302]
This application is for an adult Canadian citizen who wishes to renounce his or her Canadian citizenship. To renounce your Canadian citizenship you must prove you are a Canadian citizen. You must also prove that you are, or will become, a citizen of a country other than Canada, if this application to renounce is approved.
- Read your instruction guide and download your application forms.
- Complete, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay the fees. The fee is not refundable. Check the Fee Schedule for Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Mail your fully completed application.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: