Note: If your application is not complete or is missing information, we will return it to you. Make sure you include postal codes for all Canadian and overseas addresses.
This application includes the following items:
- Application to Resume Canadian Citizenship [Form CIT 0301] August 2017
- Citizenship Photo Specifications
- Use of a Representative [Form IMM 5476] September 2015
- Residence outside Canada [CIT 0177] June 2015
- Instruction Guide [CIT 0301]
Ensure you use the current version of the forms. Older versions will not be accepted.
Caution: This application is not for:
- A person whose citizenship certificate has been lost, stolen or destroyed. Please use the Application for a Citizenship Certificate (Proof of Citizenship) under Section 3.
This application is for:
- A person who was previously a Canadian citizen, other than a person whose citizenship was revoked, and who wishes to resume citizenship under subsection 11(1) of the Citizenship Act.
If your Canadian citizenship was revoked, you must use the Application for Canadian Citizenship under subsection 5(1) Adults or the Application for Canadian Citizenship – Canadian Armed Forces (CIT 0534).
If you are a person who lost British subject status prior to January 1, 1947 (or prior to April 1, 1949 in the case of a person born or naturalized in Newfoundland and Labrador) because you made a declaration of alienage, had your British subject status revoked or ceased to be a British subject as a consequence of the revocation of another person’s status as a British subject, you are not eligible to resume under subsection 11(1) because you were never a Canadian citizen (and did not acquire citizenship as a result of recent amendments to the Citizenship Act). You also must use the Application for Canadian Citizenship under subsection 5(1) Adults.
- Read your instruction guide and download your application forms.
- Complete, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay the fees. The fee is not refundable. Check the Fee Schedule for Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Mail your fully completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
- Date Modified: