Note: As of May 4, 2013, CIC is re-opening the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) to 24 eligible occupations, in addition to applicants with a qualifying job offer or those applying under the PhD stream. As of this same date, all applications are subject to the new FSWP selection criteria.
- We will accept 5,000 applications in total from May 4, 2013 to April 30, 2014, in the eligible occupations stream.
- Within the 5,000 applications, we will only accept 300 in each priority occupation.
- In the PhD stream, we will accept 1,000 applications from May 4, 2013 to April 30, 2014.
- There is no cap on applications with a qualifying job offer.
- As of May 4, applicants must use the new application kit and meet the new requirements in order to apply.
- CIC will return any applications received on or after May 4 that do NOT include the necessary Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) or do not meet the minimum language threshold requirements.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5612] (PDF, 233 KB) May 2013
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 366 KB) November 2013
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB) July 2011
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB) December 2012
- Schedule 3: Economic Classes [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3] May 2013
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 79 KB) September 2013
- Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 21 KB) May 2004
- Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada [IMM 5604] (PDF, 21 KB) July 2008
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 19 KB) April 2009
- Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence
[IMM 5620] (PDF, 26 KB) March 2013
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB) April 2013
- Instruction Guide [IMM EG7000]
You can apply for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Class if you are a foreign national who is a skilled worker or a professional.
There are two other programs for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents:
How to use this application package
Read the instruction guide to complete your application forms
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Having trouble downloading the form? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages, follow these steps.
IMM 0008 form
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist to make sure that you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees.
Fill out the Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5620).
Mail your completed application to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia (see the "Economic Classes" subsection).
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: