We received sufficient applications to meet the Parent and Grandparent Program cap this year. The application period is now closed but will re-open on January 3, 2017, with a cap of 10,000 new and complete applications.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist — Sponsor [IMM 5771 ] May 2015
- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] August 2014
- Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768] November 2015
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] December 2012
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] April 2015
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] November 2015
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] August 2014
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] September 2013
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] June 2015
- Fee Payment Form [IMM 5770] August 2014
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5772]
Use this application if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident living in Canada who wants to sponsor the following family members living abroad:
- Parents or
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
- Filling out the forms on a computer is easier than filling them out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages of each form, follow these steps.
IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 forms
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist to make sure that you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees
There are two ways you can pay:
- Certified cheque or
- Credit card.
The Fee Payment Form – for Sponsors of Parents and Grandparents (IMM 5770) must be completed and payment by credit card must be authorized for the total amount of processing fees required for the principal applicant and all accompanying family members. The credit card used must continue to be valid for at least nine months after the date on which the application is submitted.
Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
Find out if you are eligibleCome to Canada
- Date Modified: