New: Starting August 1st, 2014, the age at which a child is considered a dependant will be reduced from under 22 years of age to less than 19 years of age. Read about the changes.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada has now received 5,000 complete applications and the new intake into the PGP program will again pause until next year. The government will continue to move forward with the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification by reducing backlogs, improving processing times and reuniting families more quickly. For those who wish to bring their families to Canada, the Super Visa still remains a quick and easy way to reunite parents and grandparents with their loved ones.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist — Sponsor [IMM 5771 ] (PDF, 210 KB) December 2013
- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 434 KB) August 2014
- Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM5768] (PDF, 1.1 MB) December 2013
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 246 KB) December 2012
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 47 KB) April 2009
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 487 KB) November 2013
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 471 KB) August 2014
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB) September 2013
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 597 KB) April 2013
- Fee Payment Form [IMM 5770] (PDF, 565 KB) August 2014
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5772]
Use this application if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident living in Canada who wants to sponsor the following family members living abroad:
- Parents or
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
- Filling out the forms on a computer is easier than filling them out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As...”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages of each form, follow these steps.
IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 forms
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist to make sure that you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees
There are two ways you can pay:
- Certified cheque or
- Credit card.
The Fee Payment Form – for Sponsors of Parents and Grandparents (IMM 5770) must be completed and payment by credit card must be authorized for the total amount of processing fees required for the principal applicant and all accompanying family members. The credit card used must continue to be valid for at least nine months after the date on which the application is submitted.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: