This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5443] (PDF, 70 KB) January 2014
- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) (PDF, 417 KB) November 2013
- Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 110 KB) April 2012
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 366 KB) November 2013
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB) July 2011
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] September 2013
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB) December 2012
- Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5285] (PDF, 112 KB) August 2013
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 611 KB) March 2014
- Receipt 
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5289]
Use this application if:
- you are the spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
- you want to apply for permanent residence and
- both you and the sponsor live in Canada.
If you do not live in Canada, DO NOT use this form.
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to fill out your application forms.
- Filling out the forms on a computer is easier than filling them out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages of each form:
IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 forms
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees.
There are two ways you can pay:
- online (preferred option) or
- at a financial institution in Canada.
For option 2:
- We will need to mail you an original receipt. It may take two to three weeks to arrive.
- Bring this receipt to pay your fees at the bank or wire service. They will keep one section and give the rest back to you.
- Send one section with your application and keep the other for your records.