Our goal is to reduce wait times for spouses and partners. To do this, we are working to process the applications in the spousal sponsorship backlog.
Waiting for your application to be processed? Avoid further delays by
- making sure your application is up to date;
- answering quickly if we ask you to give us more information; and
- following the instructions in our requests.
If you fail to respond, your application could be refused.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5443] February 2016
- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) March 2016
- Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] April 2012
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] November 2015
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] August 2014
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] September 2013
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] December 2012
- Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5285] August 2013
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] September 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5289]
Use this application if:
- you are the spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
- you want to apply for permanent residence and
- both you and the sponsor live in Canada.
If you do not live in Canada, DO NOT use this form.
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to complete your application forms.
- Filling out the forms on a computer is easier than filling them out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages of each form, follow these steps.
IMM 1344 and IMM 0008 form
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist to make sure that you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees
You must include the fee with your application. Find out how to pay your fees.
Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
Find out if you are eligibleCome to Canada
- Date Modified: