New: On November 22, 2014, additional revisions were made to the Ministerial Instructions that removed the educational requirement for applicants and added additional designated entities to the program. Read the full text of the update to the Ministerial Instructions.
New: Starting August 1st, 2014, the age at which a child is considered a dependant will be reduced from under 22 years of age to less than 19 years of age. Read about the changes.
This application includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5760] (PDF, 227 KB) March 2015
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 480 KB) April 2015
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 471 KB) August 2014
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 246 KB) December 2012
- Schedule 13 – Business Immigration Programs – Start Up Business [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 13] (PDF, 607 KB) October 2013
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB) September 2013
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 47 KB) April 2015
- Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada [IMM 5604] (PDF, 25 KB) July 2008
- Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 1.8 MB) May 2004
- Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence [IMM 5620] (PDF, 615 KB) January 2015
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 597 KB) March 2014
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5759]
Want to live in Quebec?
The Province of Quebec is in charge of its own business immigration program. If you plan to live in Quebec, visit the Quebec immigration department.
How to use this application package
Read the Instruction Guide to complete your application forms.
- Filling out the forms on a computer is easier than filling them out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
Fill out, validate, print, sign and date your application forms.
To make sure you submit all the pages of each form, follow these steps.
IMM 0008 form
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5760) to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Pay the fees
Visit the Pay your fees page to learn about accepted methods of payment.
Send your completed application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: