You need to give your biometrics
You now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for a study permit if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
Find out who needs to give biometrics.
To apply for a study permit you can:
You must have:
- Access to a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents to upload, and
- A valid credit card to pay with
Apply on paper
Read the instruction guide to get all the details to apply on paper.
Once you have read the guide, you can prepare your application package. You must select the country/territory from which you will be applying to get your local visa office instructions.
This application package is for applicants in India:
- Document checklist [IMM 5483] (PDF, 297.34 KB) February 2018
- Visa office instructions – Study [IMM 5818] September 2018
- Visa office instructions – Student Direct Stream [IMM 5976] June 2018
- Visa office instructions – University Students [IMM 5957] (PDF, 284.47 KB)
- Application for a Study Permit made outside of Canada
- Family Information Form [IMM 5707] (PDF, 1.53 MB) May 2018
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 636.51 KB) April 2015
- Custodian Declaration [IMM 5646] (PDF, 1.02 MB) January 2015
- Visa application photograph specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB) June 2015
Everyone must fill out and sign their own form, including those travelling as a family. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must sign your form.
Prepare a complete application
To make sure you submit all the pages of the form with your application package, follow these steps:
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Pay your fees
You must include the fee with your application. Find out how to pay your fees.
- Date Modified: