Use this form to apply for: visitor visa, transit visa, super visa
To apply for a visitor visa you can:
You must have:
- Access to a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents to upload, and
- A valid credit card to pay with
Apply on paper
Read the instruction guide to get all the details to apply on paper.
Once you have read the guide, you can prepare your application package. You must select the country/territory from which you will be applying to get your local visa office instructions.
This application package is for applicants in China (People’s Republic of):
- Document Checklist [IMM 5484] December 2013
- Visa office instructions – Visit [IMM 5884] September 2015
- Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257] March 2017
- Family Information [IMM 5645] September 2010
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [IMM 5409] April 2015
- Visa application photograph specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] June 2015
Each applicant must fill out and sign their own form, including those travelling as a family. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must sign your form.
Prepare a complete application
To make sure you submit all the pages of the form with your application package, follow these steps:
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Pay your fees
You must include the fee with your application. Find out how to pay your fees.
Permanent residents of Canada
We do not issue temporary resident visas (TRV) to permanent residents (PR). If you are outside Canada without a valid PR card, you must apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) instead. If you meet the requirements for a PRTD, you can return to Canada as a PR.
If you no longer want to be a PR, or if you know you do not meet the requirements to keep your PR status, you can voluntarily give up (renounce) your PR status to apply for a TRV.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
Find out if you are eligibleCome to Canada
- Date Modified: