This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5558] (PDF, 35 KB) July 2012
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or Temporary Resident Permit Holder [IMM 5708] (PDF, 430 KB) February 2014
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB) April 2009
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 611 KB) March 2014
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5551]
Use this application if you are a temporary resident who is already in Canada as a visitor and you want to:
- extend your stay,
- change the conditions of your stay or
- correct problems with your status.
It is important to apply for the change before your current status expires.
New: You now have two options to apply to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a visitor.
- Read the Instruction Guide and download the application forms.
- Fill out, sign and date your application forms.
- Pay the fees. There are two ways you can pay:
- online (preferred option) or
- at a financial institution in Canada.
For option 2:
- We will need to mail you an original receipt. It may take two to three weeks to arrive.
- Bring this receipt to pay your fees at the bank or wire service. They will keep one section and give the rest back to you.
- Send one section with your application and keep the other for your records.
- Mail your completed application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.
Help for option 2
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Having trouble downloading the form? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As ”
To make sure you submit all the pages of the form with your application package, follow these steps.
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.