This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5583] (PDF, 35 KB) May 2013
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710] (PDF, 357 KB) November 2013
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB) April 2009
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB) April 2013
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5580]
Use this application if you are already in Canada and you want to apply for a work permit in one or more of the following programs:
- off-campus work permit program,
- co-op work program or
- post-graduation work permit program.
It is important to apply for the permit before your current status expires.
New: You now have two options to apply for an off-campus work permit or a post-graduation work permit.
- Download, fill out and mail your application, including all required documents, to the address in the Instruction Guide.
There are two ways you can pay:
- online (preferred option) or
- at a financial institution in Canada.
For option 2:
- We will need to mail you an original receipt. It may take two to three weeks to arrive.
- Bring this receipt to pay your fees at the bank or wire service. They will keep one section and give the rest back to you.
- Send one section with your application and keep the other for your records.
Note: This application can only be downloaded from our website.
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
To make sure you submit all the pages of the form, follow these steps.
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: