New rules for prospective international students are now in effect. Read about these changes.
Starting June 16, 2014, applicants and study permit holders must indicate the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number on the updated application forms. Previous versions of the study permit application will still be accepted, but only until July 15, 2014.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5583] May 2014
- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM 5710] April 2015
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] April 2015
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] June 2015
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5580]
Use this application if you are already in Canada and you want to apply for a work permit in one of the following programs:
- co-op work program or
- post-graduation work permit program.
It is important to apply for the permit before your current status expires.
New: You now have two options to apply for a post-graduation work permit.
- Download, fill out and mail your application, including all required documents, to the address in the Instruction Guide.
There are two ways you can pay:
- online (preferred option) or
- at a financial institution in Canada.
For option 2:
- We will need to mail you an original receipt. It may take two to three weeks to arrive.
- Bring this receipt to pay your fees at the bank or wire service. They will keep one section and give the rest back to you.
- Send one section with your application and keep the other for your records.
Note: When applying to the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program, you must pay a CDN$100.00 Open Work Permit Holder fee in addition to the CDN$155.00 work permit processing fee. Find out more about the required fees.
Note: This application can only be downloaded from our website.
- Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
To make sure you submit all the pages of the form, follow these steps.
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: