New fees to be paid by employers and open work permit applicants are being introduced on February 21, 2015. There is also a new process that employers must follow when hiring Labour Market Impact Assessment-exempt foreign workers.
Read about the changes and how they may affect you.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5488] (PDF, 30 KB) February 2015
- Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada [IMM 1295] (PDF, 342 KB) March 2015
- Family Information [IMM 5645] (PDF, 59 KB) September 2010
- Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 – Schedule 1] (PDF, 367 KB) February 2015
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB) April 2009
- Visa application photograph specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 611 KB) March 2014
- Instruction Guide [IMM 5487]
Use this application if you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and you want to work temporarily in Canada. We will issue a work permit if we approve your application.
You may also need a temporary resident visa. Check the list of countries and territories whose citizens need a visa.
All applicants must fill out and sign their own form, including people travelling as part of a family. If you are under 18, your parent or guardian must sign your form.
Many visa offices have specific instructions about which documents you must send with your application. Check the list of Canadian visa offices abroad to find the office that serves your country. You will find the procedures you must follow.
All applicants must include the fee. To find out how to pay, check with the Canadian visa office that serves your country.
Find out if you need to give your biometrics.
Filling out the form on a computer is easier than filling it out by hand. It reduces the risk of mistakes that can slow down the application process.
Having trouble downloading the form? Right-click the link and select “Save Target As…”
To make sure you submit all the pages of the form, follow these steps.
- Click the "Validate" button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
- Date Modified: