To apply for a work permit you can:
You must have:
- Access to a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of your documents to upload, and
- A valid credit card to pay with
Apply on paper
Read the instruction guide to get all the details to apply on paper.
Once you have read the guide, you can prepare your application package. You must select the country/territory from which you will be applying to get your local visa office instructions.
This application package is for applicants in Canada:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5488] February 2016
- Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada [IMM 1295] June 2017
- Family Information [IMM 5707] September 2014
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] April 2015
- Visa application photograph specifications
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] September 2015
All applicants must fill out and sign their own form, including people travelling as part of a family. If you are under 18, your parent or guardian must sign your form.
Prepare a complete application
To make sure you submit all the pages of the form with your application package, follow these steps:
- Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing makes sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- For best results:
- print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
- use a laser printer.
- Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
Pay your fees
You must include the fee with your application. Find out how to pay your fees.
- Date Modified: