Pay your fees online for a paper application
In this section, you can pay your fees for a paper application online. When you apply online (not on paper), we ask you to pay at the end of your application so this option is not for you.
Get your payment card ready
You can pay with a credit card, prepaid card, or a debit card. The card you use does not have to be in your name. The cardholder's name will appear on the receipt but it does not need to match your application.
Credit cards and prepaid cards
We accept credit cards and prepaid cards from:
- American Express®
If you use a prepaid credit card, keep it for at least 18 months after you pay to make refunds easier. Find more on prepaid cards.
- be from a Canadian bank using INTERAC®Online, and
- be registered for online banking through your bank's website.
We also accept Visa Debit.
We will issue refunds back to the same card you pay with. In case you need a refund, keep your card until your application is processed. If it's expired, we will send you a cheque instead. Learn how to request a refund.
Once processing starts, your application fees will be non-refundable.
Select your fees
Not sure which fees you should be paying? Find the guide for your application.
Include your receipt with your paper application
After you pay, a copy of your receipt will be emailed to you. print it and include it with your paper application. You can log in at any time to view all your receipts.
Top questions about paying your fees
- Can I pay my fees at a bank in Canada?
- How can I pay my application fees?
- How do I ask for a refund if I paid my fees online or at a bank in Canada?
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- Is my payment receipt form (IMM 5401) still valid?
- I got a refund but it was not the same amount I paid. Why?
® Trade-mark of Interac Inc. used under license
- Date Modified: