Citizenship and Immigration Canada Offices

Offices outside Canada

Visa offices

CIC visa offices are located in Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates. They process applications for:

  • permanent immigration
  • visitor visas (temporary resident visas)
  • study permits
  • work permits
  • refugee resettlement
  • travel documents for permanent residents abroad

Find your CIC visa office.

Canadian embassies, high commissions or consulates

Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates provide services to Canadian citizens outside Canada or the United States who want to:

Offices inside Canada

Offices that process applications

The case processing centres (CPCs), the centralized intake office (CIO), and the Operations Support Centre (OSC) receive and process citizenship or immigration applications. You can mail your application to these offices, but they are not open to the public and do not offer assistance with applications.

Find out where to submit your application or additional documents.

CPC in Vegreville

The case processing centre in Vegreville processes:

  • extensions for temporary resident status and temporary resident permits
  • work and study permits
  • applications for permanent residence from protected persons and convention refugees in Canada
  • applications for permanent residence for live-in caregivers
  • loans for the right of permanent residence fee

Vegreville CPC mailing addresses

CPC in Mississauga

The case processing centre in Mississauga processes applications to sponsor family members living abroad.

Mississauga CPC mailing addresses

CPC and CIO in Sydney

The CPC in Sydney processes:

  • applications for permanent resident cards (new and renewals)
  • citizenship applications (new, renouncing, revoking and resuming)

The centralized intake office in Sydney (CIO-S) receives:

  • all federal skilled worker applications

Sydney CPC and CIO mailing addresses

CPC in Ottawa

The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:

  • visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only)
  • permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-M or CIO-S

CPP-O mailing addresses

OSC in Ottawa

The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes:

  • International Experience Canada work permits,
  • In-Canada applications submitted online,
  • Verification of Status (VOS) applications,
  • Replacement of valid temporary resident documents,
  • Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents.

OSC mailing addresses

Offices for appointments

You can only go to these offices to:

  • submit a refugee claim
  • attend an immigration or a citizenship interview
  • take the citizenship test
  • attend a citizenship ceremony

These offices are not open to the public. Once your application has been received and reviewed, CIC will decide if an appointment is necessary. If so, CIC will contact you to schedule an appointment.

CIC has offices across Canada as well as travelling itinerant offices that open temporarily in various locations.

Multiculturalism program offices

Multiculturalism offices organize activities, events and contests that promote Canada’s diversity and celebrate its multicultural history, such as:

Find multiculturalism program offices.

Where to send your application

Find out where you should send your application
Date Modified: