IRCC has resumed using Canada Post mail services
Effective July 11, 2016, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has resumed normal processing procedures for applications using Canada Post mail services. We have resumed sending documents by mail. All documents held during the special measures will now be sent.
We are monitoring the Canada Post situation and will provide new instructions as needed.
Offices outside Canada
IRCC visa offices are located in Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates. They process applications for:
- permanent immigration
- visitor visas (temporary resident visas)
- study permits
- work permits
- refugee resettlement
- travel documents for permanent residents abroad
Canadian embassies, high commissions or consulates
Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates provide services to Canadian citizens outside Canada or the United States who want to:
Offices inside Canada
Offices that process applications
The case processing centres (CPCs), the centralized intake office (CIO), and the Operations Support Centre (OSC) receive and process citizenship or immigration applications. You can mail your application to these offices, but they are not open to the public and do not offer assistance with applications.
Find out where to submit your application or additional documents.
CPC in Vegreville
The case processing centre in Vegreville processes:
- extensions for temporary resident status and temporary resident permits
- work and study permits
- applications for permanent residence from protected persons and convention refugees in Canada
- applications for permanent residence for live-in caregivers
- applications for permanent residence under Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathways
- applications for permenent residence under the temporary resident permit holder class
- loans for the right of permanent residence fee
CPC in Mississauga
The case processing centre in Mississauga processes applications to sponsor family members living in Canada and abroad.
CPC and CIO in Sydney
The CPC in Sydney processes:
- applications for permanent resident cards (new and renewals)
- citizenship applications (new, renouncing, revoking and resuming)
The centralized intake office in Sydney (CIO-S) receives all applications in the following categories:
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Federal Skilled Trades
- Canadian Experience Class
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Start-Up Visa
- Quebec Investors or Entrepreneurs
- Quebec Skilled Workers
- Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Class
- Federal Self-Employed Persons and Quebec Selected Self-Employed Persons
CPC in Ottawa
The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:
- visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only).
- permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S.
OSC in Ottawa
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:
- International Experience Canada work permits
- In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
- Verification of Status (VOS)
- Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
- Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents
Offices for appointments
These offices are not open to the public and are by appointment only.
Multiculturalism program offices
Multiculturalism offices organize activities, events and contests that promote Canada’s diversity and celebrate its multicultural history, such as:
- Black History Month
- Asian Heritage Month
- Games and learning tools related to citizenship, immigration and multiculturalism
- Holocaust Remembrance and Award for Excellence in Holocaust Education
- Paul Yuzyk Award for Multiculturalism
Where to send your applicationFind out where you should send your application
- Date Modified: