Visa office in Shanghai, China (People’s Republic of)

Responsible for Permanent Resident Applications from:
(Includes economic immigration and family sponsorship)

see Beijing

NOTE: All new economic immigration applications must  first be mailed to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.

All new family sponsorship applications must  first be mailed to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

Responsible for Temporary Resident Applications from:
(Includes visitors, students, temporary workers and permanent resident travel documents)
China (Anhui, Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang)


Case specific:
Visa Application Centre (VAC)

VACs offer services for temporary resident applications (visitors, students and workers) and permanent resident travel documents.

VAC locations:

VACs accept applications for:

  • study permits
  • work permits
  • visitor visas (temporary resident visa)
  • travel documents for permanent residents

More about VACs: Locations and services

CIC offices

Date Modified: