A new VAC has opened in Medellín, Colombia on April 29th, 2015.
Visa application centres (VACs) accept applications for study permits, work permits, visitor visas (temporary resident visa), and travel documents for permanent residents.
- answer questions in local languages and make sure that applications are complete
- transmit application documents and passports to the visa office securely
- return passport and decision documents securely
- offer a tracking service
- schedule interviews and provide application photographs and photocopies for a fee
- provide access to a computer to apply online (study, work permits and visitor visa only)
- collect biometrics (fingerprints and photograph)
By 2014, there will be more than 130 VACs in over 90 countries and all VACs will be equipped to collect biometric information (fingerprints and photograph).
Keep checking this website to find out when your closest VAC will offer biometric services.
Your information and privacy are protected
- VACs do not play a role in the decision-making process and are expressly forbidden to provide any visa-related advice to applicants.
- All decisions on applications are made by Canadian visa officers at the visa office.
- VACs do not represent the Government of Canada. VACs are managed by private companies or international organizations. They are only authorized to provide specific services to applicants under the terms of a formal agreement with CIC.
- Protection of personal information is a primary consideration for the Government of Canada when choosing any service provider such as a VAC. Each VAC must protect personal information. Any failure to comply with the terms of the formal agreement signed between the GoC and the service provider could result in the cancellation of the agreement.
- Date Modified: