If you plan to travel outside Canada and need a permanent resident card (PR card), check the time it usually takes to process an application. You can apply for urgent processing if your card will not be ready before you leave.
To qualify for urgent processing, you must be:
- travelling in the next three months, and
- returning to Canada on a commercial vehicle, like an airplane, train, boat or bus.
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently or get your card to you before you leave Canada.
Pick the situation that applies to you:
You are in Canada and you:
- have not applied and need urgent processing
- applied using the normal process and now need urgent processing
- will not get your card before you leave Canada
You are outside Canada and you:
For more information
How-to videoSave Time: Send a Complete Application
Immigrant services in your areaOur interactive map will help you to search for immigrant services in your area.
- Date Modified: