Fraud is a criminal offence in Canada. It damages the integrity of Canada’s immigration system, costs taxpayers money, and slows down processing of valid applications. Preventing and prosecuting fraud is everyone’s responsibility.
Types of fraud
- E-mail and Internet scams
- Marriage and relationship fraud
- Document fraud (misrepresentation)
- Irregular adoptions
Immigrate the right way
When immigrating to Canada, you don’t have to use an immigration representative to represent you.
- Immigration consultants, lawyers, and other representatives - choose carefully
- Know your rights
- How to report fraud
- Learn how to immigrate to Canada
- Learn how to adopt a child from another country
- Use our Come to Canada Wizard and find out if you are eligible to live, work, study in Canada
CIC is working with its partners to crack down on immigration fraud.
- Date Modified: