How do I report immigration fraud?
Call the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Border Watch Toll-Free Line at 1-888-502-9060 to report:
- suspicious activity at the border,
- a marriage of convenience,
- a person who has given false information on any immigration application or
- a person wanted on an immigration warrant.
What you tell the tip line is private. Your identity stays protected.
How do I report citizenship fraud?
You can report a person who:
- pretended to live in Canada to become a citizen, or
- hid information about their case.
In Canada, call the Call Centre and choose the citizenship fraud tip option in our automated telephone system.
Outside Canada, contact your nearest Canadian visa office.
You can also email tips to Citizenshipemail@example.com.
How do I report Internet, email or telephone scams and fraud?
If you or someone you know has been the target of a telephone, Internet, email or other type of scam and gave personal or financial information by mistake, you should:
In Canada, contact the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
We are aware of a recent ongoing telephone scam – archived. If you get a suspicious call, hang up right away and contact your local police. You should also report the scam to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
Outside Canada, report the scam to your local police.
How do I report a possible victim of human trafficking?
If you or someone you know is a victim, contact your local police.
To report a crime without saying who you are, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Do not take the law into your own hands or take part in any illegal activity.
Top questions about fraud and scams
- What happens if I owe IRCC money? Will you call to ask for unpaid fees?
- Will you ask me for personal information over the phone?
- Do you accept prepaid credit cards, Western Union, or Money Gram to pay my fees?
- If I have not paid fees, will you have me arrested or deported?
- I received threats from someone who says they are from the immigration department. Is it a scam?
- Date Modified: