Learn about using a representative

Choose your representative carefully

Representatives can be:

  • Citizenship or immigration consultants,
  • lawyers or
  • other representatives.

They give immigration or citizenship advice and help to visa applicants, usually for a fee.

You do not need to hire a representative. It is up to you. Using one will not get your application special attention or guarantee it will be approved.

You can get all the forms and information that you need to apply for a visa or citizenship for free on this website. If you follow the instructions in the application guide, you should be able to fill out the forms and submit them on your own.

Use a representative

If you choose to use a representative, find out about the two types : paid and unpaid.

File a complaint

If you have a complaint about your representative, there are ways you can get help.

Date Modified: