How to obtain a police certificate - Nigeria

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. However, the certificate will be released directly to the Canadian visa office upon request.

How and where do I obtain one?

Local Requests
Applicants should apply in person with their valid passport, two passport photographs and the applicable fees. Residents of Nigeria should apply to:

Central Criminal Registry
Force C.I.D. Annex
Alagbon Close Ikoyi
Lagos, Nigeria

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should apply by courier to the Commissioner of Police at the address above, to the attention of Inspector Usman Mohammed (telephone: 08033696178). Applicants should provide a pre-paid return courier envelope, a copy of their passport and a set of fingerprints taken and certified by a recognized police authority or the Nigerian embassy or consulate, and an international money order payable to the Nigerian Police Force, CID. Police certificates may be certified at the nearest Nigerian embassy or consulate for a fee.

Date Modified: