How to obtain a police certificate - India

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

How and where do I obtain one?

Local Requests

For districts other than the Punjab:
Applicants should contact the local Senior Superintendent of Police/ Superintendent of Police/ Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Police, the Additional Commissioner of Police, or the Station House Officer (Police clearance certificate issued by the Regional Passport Office are also acceptable.

For residents of the Punjab:
Only the Senior Superintendent of Police or the Regional Passport Office may sign a Police Clearance Certificate.

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the Indian embassy or consulate.

Date Modified: