How to obtain a police certificate - Malaysia

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

How and where do I obtain one?

Local Requests
Certificates of Good Conduct are available upon request by individuals who have stayed in Malaysia for one year or more. In order to apply for a police certificate, applicants are required to complete an application form (available from the website below) in duplicate with two recent passport-size photographs attached, and submit two copies of their identification card, two copies of their passport (for foreigners, all pages), a self-addressed envelope (with the required stamp), an introduction letter from the Canadian visa office (for foreign nationals) and the processing fees in cash or postal order in favour of Akauntan Negara Malaysia. Applications should be sent to:

Consular Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia
Wisma Putra
1 Jalan Wisma Putra, Precinct 2
62602 Putrajaya, Malaysia
Telephone: 603-8887-4000 (general line)
Fax: 603-8889-1717

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the Malaysian embassy or consulate.

Date Modified: