How to obtain a police certificate - Philippines

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

How and where do I obtain one?

Local Requests
Applicants should apply in person and pay applicable fees at the local National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Fingerprints and photographs will be taken at the time of application. The certificate must have a thumbprint and include a dry seal.

Non-Resident Requests
Applicants can apply to the nearest Philippine embassy or consulate. The application must include a full set of fingerprints taken and certified by the recognized police or law enforcement agency of the applicant’s place of residence, with two black-and-white photographs (2x2 in.). Alternatively, applicants may apply directly to the National Bureau of Investigation head office at:

National Bureau of Investigation
Identification and Record Division
Room 109, NBI Complex
Taft Avenue, Manila

Date Modified: